Will “Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1041.03
Also Known As…
- Field Representative
- Equal Opportunity Specialist
- Equal Opportunity Director
- Equal Opportunity Commission Investigator (EOC Investigator)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Representative (EEO Representative)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer)
- Complaint Investigations Officer
- Civil Rights Representative
- Civil Rights Investigator
- Affirmative Action Officer (AA Officer)
- Grievance Coordinator
- Grievance and Appeals Coordinator
- Equal Opportunity Counselor
- Equal Opportunity Assistant
- Compliance Coordinator
- Compliance Analyst
Tasks for “Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers”
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to arbitrate and settle disputes.
- Prepare reports related to investigations of equal opportunity complaints.
- Coordinate, monitor, or revise complaint procedures to ensure timely processing and review of complaints.
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
- Act as liaisons between minority placement agencies and employers or between job search committees and other equal opportunity administrators.
- Study equal opportunity complaints to clarify issues.
- Consult with community representatives to develop technical assistance agreements in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Develop guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Review company contracts to determine actions required to meet governmental equal opportunity provisions.
- Counsel newly hired members of minority or disadvantaged groups, informing them about details of civil rights laws.
- Prepare reports of selection, survey, or other statistics and recommendations for corrective action.
- Provide information, technical assistance, or training to supervisors, managers, or employees on topics such as employee supervision, hiring, grievance procedures, or staff development.
- Meet with job search committees or coordinators to explain the role of the equal opportunity coordinator, to provide resources for advertising, or to explain expectations for future contacts.
- Monitor the implementation and impact of guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Interpret civil rights laws and equal opportunity regulations for individuals or employers.
- Conduct surveys and evaluate findings to determine if systematic discrimination exists.
- Verify that all job descriptions are submitted for review and approval and that descriptions meet regulatory standards.
- Interview persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to verify case information.
- Participate in the recruitment of employees through job fairs, career days, or advertising plans.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Laptop computers
- 10-key calculators
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Biddle AutoAAP
- Yocum & McKee The Complete AAP
- Peopleclick Monitor
- Gerstco AAPBase
- Equal employment opportunity EEO compliance software
- Microsoft Word
- Berkshire Associates BALANCEaap
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Biddle Adverse Impact Toolkit
- EEO Made Simple AppTrac
- Database software
- Peopleclick PayStat
- Bashen EEOSoft
- Equitas EEOStat
- EEO Made Simple AAPMaker
- Speediware SpeedEEO
- Bashen LinkLine
- Peopleclick CAAMS
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Microsoft Office
- Bashen EEOFedSoft
- Peopleclick AAPlanner
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Corel WordPerfect