Will “Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1041.03
Also Known As…
- Field Representative
- Equal Opportunity Specialist
- Equal Opportunity Director
- Equal Opportunity Commission Investigator (EOC Investigator)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Representative (EEO Representative)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer)
- Complaint Investigations Officer
- Civil Rights Representative
- Civil Rights Investigator
- Affirmative Action Officer (AA Officer)
- Grievance Coordinator
- Grievance and Appeals Coordinator
- Equal Opportunity Counselor
- Equal Opportunity Assistant
- Compliance Coordinator
- Compliance Analyst
Tasks for “Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers”
- Conduct surveys and evaluate findings to determine if systematic discrimination exists.
- Meet with job search committees or coordinators to explain the role of the equal opportunity coordinator, to provide resources for advertising, or to explain expectations for future contacts.
- Verify that all job descriptions are submitted for review and approval and that descriptions meet regulatory standards.
- Develop guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to arbitrate and settle disputes.
- Consult with community representatives to develop technical assistance agreements in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Counsel newly hired members of minority or disadvantaged groups, informing them about details of civil rights laws.
- Prepare reports of selection, survey, or other statistics and recommendations for corrective action.
- Review company contracts to determine actions required to meet governmental equal opportunity provisions.
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
- Provide information, technical assistance, or training to supervisors, managers, or employees on topics such as employee supervision, hiring, grievance procedures, or staff development.
- Monitor the implementation and impact of guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Participate in the recruitment of employees through job fairs, career days, or advertising plans.
- Coordinate, monitor, or revise complaint procedures to ensure timely processing and review of complaints.
- Act as liaisons between minority placement agencies and employers or between job search committees and other equal opportunity administrators.
- Interpret civil rights laws and equal opportunity regulations for individuals or employers.
- Prepare reports related to investigations of equal opportunity complaints.
- Study equal opportunity complaints to clarify issues.
- Interview persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to verify case information.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- 10-key calculators
- Biddle Adverse Impact Toolkit
- Berkshire Associates BALANCEaap
- Database software
- EEO Made Simple AppTrac
- Corel WordPerfect
- Bashen EEOFedSoft
- Microsoft Outlook
- Biddle AutoAAP
- Gerstco AAPBase
- EEO Made Simple AAPMaker
- Microsoft Excel
- Bashen LinkLine
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Peopleclick Monitor
- Bashen EEOSoft
- Peopleclick PayStat
- Speediware SpeedEEO
- Peopleclick AAPlanner
- Microsoft Word
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Peopleclick CAAMS
- Yocum & McKee The Complete AAP
- Equitas EEOStat
- Equal employment opportunity EEO compliance software
- Microsoft Office