Will “Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1041.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers”.
Also Known As…
- Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
- Field Representative
- Equal Opportunity Specialist
- Equal Opportunity Director
- Equal Opportunity Commission Investigator (EOC Investigator)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Representative (EEO Representative)
- Complaint Investigations Officer
- Civil Rights Representative
- Civil Rights Investigator
- Affirmative Action Officer (AA Officer)
- Grievance Coordinator
- Grievance and Appeals Coordinator
- Equal Opportunity Counselor
- Equal Opportunity Assistant
- Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer)
- Compliance Coordinator
- Compliance Analyst
Tasks for “Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer)”
- Interview persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to verify case information.
- Study equal opportunity complaints to clarify issues.
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
- Monitor the implementation and impact of guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Consult with community representatives to develop technical assistance agreements in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Interpret civil rights laws and equal opportunity regulations for individuals or employers.
- Prepare reports of selection, survey, or other statistics and recommendations for corrective action.
- Participate in the recruitment of employees through job fairs, career days, or advertising plans.
- Counsel newly hired members of minority or disadvantaged groups, informing them about details of civil rights laws.
- Develop guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Meet with job search committees or coordinators to explain the role of the equal opportunity coordinator, to provide resources for advertising, or to explain expectations for future contacts.
- Provide information, technical assistance, or training to supervisors, managers, or employees on topics such as employee supervision, hiring, grievance procedures, or staff development.
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to arbitrate and settle disputes.
- Conduct surveys and evaluate findings to determine if systematic discrimination exists.
- Prepare reports related to investigations of equal opportunity complaints.
- Verify that all job descriptions are submitted for review and approval and that descriptions meet regulatory standards.
- Act as liaisons between minority placement agencies and employers or between job search committees and other equal opportunity administrators.
- Review company contracts to determine actions required to meet governmental equal opportunity provisions.
- Coordinate, monitor, or revise complaint procedures to ensure timely processing and review of complaints.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- 10-key calculators
- Microsoft Excel
- Equal employment opportunity EEO compliance software
- Gerstco AAPBase
- Peopleclick PayStat
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Biddle AutoAAP
- Equitas EEOStat
- Yocum & McKee The Complete AAP
- Database software
- EEO Made Simple AAPMaker
- Microsoft Office
- Peopleclick Monitor
- EEO Made Simple AppTrac
- Bashen EEOSoft
- Peopleclick CAAMS
- Bashen LinkLine
- Microsoft Word
- Corel WordPerfect
- Peopleclick AAPlanner
- Speediware SpeedEEO
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Berkshire Associates BALANCEaap
- Microsoft Outlook
- Bashen EEOFedSoft
- Biddle Adverse Impact Toolkit