Will “Equal Opportunity Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1041.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers”.
Also Known As…
- Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
- Field Representative
- Equal Opportunity Director
- Equal Opportunity Commission Investigator (EOC Investigator)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Representative (EEO Representative)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer)
- Complaint Investigations Officer
- Civil Rights Representative
- Civil Rights Investigator
- Affirmative Action Officer (AA Officer)
- Grievance Coordinator
- Grievance and Appeals Coordinator
- Equal Opportunity Specialist
- Equal Opportunity Counselor
- Equal Opportunity Assistant
- Compliance Coordinator
- Compliance Analyst
Tasks for “Equal Opportunity Specialist”
- Coordinate, monitor, or revise complaint procedures to ensure timely processing and review of complaints.
- Meet with job search committees or coordinators to explain the role of the equal opportunity coordinator, to provide resources for advertising, or to explain expectations for future contacts.
- Prepare reports related to investigations of equal opportunity complaints.
- Act as liaisons between minority placement agencies and employers or between job search committees and other equal opportunity administrators.
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
- Counsel newly hired members of minority or disadvantaged groups, informing them about details of civil rights laws.
- Review company contracts to determine actions required to meet governmental equal opportunity provisions.
- Conduct surveys and evaluate findings to determine if systematic discrimination exists.
- Interpret civil rights laws and equal opportunity regulations for individuals or employers.
- Study equal opportunity complaints to clarify issues.
- Consult with community representatives to develop technical assistance agreements in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Verify that all job descriptions are submitted for review and approval and that descriptions meet regulatory standards.
- Develop guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to arbitrate and settle disputes.
- Participate in the recruitment of employees through job fairs, career days, or advertising plans.
- Provide information, technical assistance, or training to supervisors, managers, or employees on topics such as employee supervision, hiring, grievance procedures, or staff development.
- Interview persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to verify case information.
- Prepare reports of selection, survey, or other statistics and recommendations for corrective action.
- Monitor the implementation and impact of guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Multi-line telephone systems
- 10-key calculators
- Laptop computers
- EEO Made Simple AppTrac
- Microsoft Outlook
- Peopleclick Monitor
- Berkshire Associates BALANCEaap
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Peopleclick CAAMS
- Gerstco AAPBase
- Yocum & McKee The Complete AAP
- Microsoft Office
- Bashen EEOSoft
- Bashen LinkLine
- Microsoft Word
- EEO Made Simple AAPMaker
- Biddle AutoAAP
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Equitas EEOStat
- Bashen EEOFedSoft
- Microsoft Excel
- Peopleclick PayStat
- Database software
- Equal employment opportunity EEO compliance software
- Peopleclick AAPlanner
- Biddle Adverse Impact Toolkit
- Corel WordPerfect
- Speediware SpeedEEO