Will “Equal Opportunity Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1041.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers”.
Also Known As…
- Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
- Field Representative
- Equal Opportunity Director
- Equal Opportunity Commission Investigator (EOC Investigator)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Representative (EEO Representative)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer)
- Complaint Investigations Officer
- Civil Rights Representative
- Civil Rights Investigator
- Affirmative Action Officer (AA Officer)
- Grievance Coordinator
- Grievance and Appeals Coordinator
- Equal Opportunity Specialist
- Equal Opportunity Counselor
- Equal Opportunity Assistant
- Compliance Coordinator
- Compliance Analyst
Tasks for “Equal Opportunity Specialist”
- Monitor the implementation and impact of guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to arbitrate and settle disputes.
- Counsel newly hired members of minority or disadvantaged groups, informing them about details of civil rights laws.
- Participate in the recruitment of employees through job fairs, career days, or advertising plans.
- Interpret civil rights laws and equal opportunity regulations for individuals or employers.
- Develop guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
- Consult with community representatives to develop technical assistance agreements in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Meet with job search committees or coordinators to explain the role of the equal opportunity coordinator, to provide resources for advertising, or to explain expectations for future contacts.
- Verify that all job descriptions are submitted for review and approval and that descriptions meet regulatory standards.
- Prepare reports related to investigations of equal opportunity complaints.
- Provide information, technical assistance, or training to supervisors, managers, or employees on topics such as employee supervision, hiring, grievance procedures, or staff development.
- Study equal opportunity complaints to clarify issues.
- Interview persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to verify case information.
- Coordinate, monitor, or revise complaint procedures to ensure timely processing and review of complaints.
- Act as liaisons between minority placement agencies and employers or between job search committees and other equal opportunity administrators.
- Review company contracts to determine actions required to meet governmental equal opportunity provisions.
- Conduct surveys and evaluate findings to determine if systematic discrimination exists.
- Prepare reports of selection, survey, or other statistics and recommendations for corrective action.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- 10-key calculators
- Personal computers
- Peopleclick PayStat
- Peopleclick CAAMS
- Equitas EEOStat
- Microsoft Outlook
- Bashen LinkLine
- Bashen EEOFedSoft
- Yocum & McKee The Complete AAP
- Peopleclick Monitor
- Gerstco AAPBase
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Speediware SpeedEEO
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- EEO Made Simple AAPMaker
- EEO Made Simple AppTrac
- Berkshire Associates BALANCEaap
- Corel WordPerfect
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Equal employment opportunity EEO compliance software
- Peopleclick AAPlanner
- Biddle Adverse Impact Toolkit
- Database software
- Bashen EEOSoft
- Microsoft Office
- Biddle AutoAAP