Will “Automatic Washer Mechanic” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Automatic Washer Mechanic” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #397 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Care to share? Click for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or XING. 👍
Repair, adjust, or install all types of electric or gas household appliances, such as refrigerators, washers, dryers, and ovens.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 49-9031.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 40,390.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 33,480 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Home Appliance Repairers”.
Also Known As…
- Home Appliance Repairers
- Washer Repairman
- Vacuum Repairer
- Service Technician
- Repair Technician
- Refrigerator Repairman
- Appliance Technician
- Appliance Service Technician
- Window Unit Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Window Air Conditioner Installer
- Washing Machine Repairer
- Washing Machine Installer
- Vacuum Cleaner Repairer
- Vacuum Cleaner Repair Person
- Vacuum Cleaner Mechanic
- Stove Mechanic
- Stove Installer
- Sewing Machine Mechanic
- Service Manager
- Room Cooler Installer
- Residential Appliance Repair Technician
- Refrigerator Repair Technician
- Refrigeration Technician
- Range Mechanic
- Microwave Household Appliances Technician
- Household Refrigerator Mechanic
- Household Refrigeration Mechanic
- Household Appliances Service Technician
- Household Appliance Repairer
- Household Appliance Mechanic
- Household Appliance Installer
- Home Appliances Mechanic
- Home Appliance Washing Machine Mechanic
- Home Appliance Technician
- Home Appliance Installer
- Home Appliance Dryer and Washer Mechanic
- Gas Technician
- Gas Appliance Servicer
- Gas Appliance Repairer
- Gas Appliance Mechanic
- Gas Appliance Installer
- Gas Appliance Adjuster
- Field Service Representative
- Electrical Mechanical Technician
- Electrical Appliance Servicer Apprentice
- Electrical Appliance Servicer
- Electrical Appliance Repairer
- Electrical Appliance Mechanic
- Electric Tool Repairer
- Electric Stove Mechanic
- Electric Stove Installer
- Electric Shaver Mechanic
- Electric Razor Mechanic
- Electric Appliance Installer
- Customer Service Representative
- Cooking Appliance Repair Technician
- Certified Appliance Service Technician
- Appliance Worker
- Appliance Repairer
- Appliance Repair Technician
- Appliance Installer
- Appliance Adjuster
- Air-Conditioner Window Unit Installer-Servicer
Tasks for “Automatic Washer Mechanic”
- Respond to emergency calls for problems such as gas leaks.
- Test and examine gas pipelines and equipment to locate leaks and faulty connections, and to determine the pressure and flow of gas.
- Provide repair cost estimates, and recommend whether appliance repair or replacement is a better choice.
- Disassemble appliances so that problems can be diagnosed and repairs can be made.
- Observe and test operation of appliances following installation, and make any initial installation adjustments that are necessary.
- Contact supervisors or offices to receive repair assignments.
- Maintain stocks of parts used in on-site installation, maintenance, and repair of appliances.
- Observe and examine appliances during operation to detect specific malfunctions such as loose parts or leaking fluid.
- Reassemble units after repairs are made, making adjustments and cleaning and lubricating parts as needed.
- Measure, cut, and thread pipe, and connect it to feeder lines and equipment or appliances, using rules and hand tools.
- Level refrigerators, adjust doors, and connect water lines to water pipes for ice makers and water dispensers, using hand tools.
- Disassemble and reinstall existing kitchen cabinets, or assemble and install prefabricated kitchen cabinets and trim in conjunction with appliance installation.
- Replace worn and defective parts such as switches, bearings, transmissions, belts, gears, circuit boards, or defective wiring.
- Clean and reinstall parts.
- Bill customers for repair work, and collect payment.
- Instruct customers regarding operation and care of appliances, and provide information such as emergency service numbers.
- Trace electrical circuits, following diagrams, and conduct tests with circuit testers and other equipment to locate shorts and grounds.
- Clean, lubricate, and touch up minor defects on newly installed or repaired appliances.
- Conserve, recover, and recycle refrigerants used in cooling systems.
- Install appliances such as refrigerators, washing machines, and stoves.
- Service and repair domestic electrical or gas appliances, such as clothes washers, refrigerators, stoves, and dryers.
- Hang steel supports from beams or joists to hold hoses, vents, and gas pipes in place.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed on appliances.
- Take measurements to determine if appliances will fit in installation locations, performing minor carpentry work when necessary to ensure proper installation.
- Talk to customers or refer to work orders to establish the nature of appliance malfunctions.
- Light and adjust pilot lights on gas stoves, and examine valves and burners for gas leakage and specified flame.
- Level washing machines and connect hoses to water pipes, using hand tools.
- Assemble new or reconditioned appliances.
- Refer to schematic drawings, product manuals, and troubleshooting guides to diagnose and repair problems.
- Install gas pipes and water lines to connect appliances to existing gas lines or plumbing.
- Set appliance thermostats, and check to ensure that they are functioning properly.
Related Technology & Tools
- Socket extensions
- Mini tubing cutters
- Charging hoses
- Spanner nut wrenches
- Condenser brushes
- Folding hand trucks
- Vent brushes
- Socket adapters
- Digital vacuum gauges
- Multipurpose screwdrivers
- Sealed burner wrenches
- Vacuum pumps
- Mechanic's stethoscopes
- Multipurpose spanners
- Test charging manifolds
- Socket wrench sets
- Stick welders
- Appliance dollies
- Smart phones
- Work vans
- Bearing removers
- Tablet computers
- Flat cold chisels
- Precision needle files
- Solder guns
- Refrigerant recovery units
- Hex key sets
- Combustible gas detectors
- Dual temperature heat guns
- Temperature recorders
- Portable point of sale terminals
- Telescoping inspection mirrors
- Snap-ring pliers
- Digital multimeters
- Carbon monoxide detectors
- Hose clamp pliers
- Laptop computers
- Cordless drills
- Leak detectors
- Folding utility knives
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Word
- Route mapping software
- Intac International Wintac
- Microsoft Excel
- dESCO ESC
- Microsoft Outlook
- Parts database software
- Microsoft Windows