Will “Certified Legal Secretary Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Certified Legal Secretary Specialist” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #672 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Perform secretarial duties using legal terminology, procedures, and documents. Prepare legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas. May also assist with legal research.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-6012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 47,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 23.00
- Currently, there are 191,200 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Legal Secretaries”.
Also Known As…
- Legal Secretaries
- Magistrate Assistant
- Litigation Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Administrative Secretary
- Judicial Administrative Assistant
- Confidential Secretary
- Paralegal Secretary
- Litigation Secretary
- Litigation Legal Secretary
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Law Secretary
- Executive Secretary
- District Court Administrator
- Administrative Assistant
- Accredited Legal Secretary
Tasks for “Certified Legal Secretary Specialist”
- Complete various forms, such as accident reports, trial and courtroom requests, and applications for clients.
- Review legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases.
- Organize and maintain law libraries, documents, and case files.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
- Submit articles and information from searches to attorneys for review and approval for use.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Schedule and make appointments.
- Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.
- Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Prepare and distribute invoices to bill clients or pay account expenses.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Draft and type office memos.
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
Related Technology & Tools
- Microfiche machines
- Digital duplicating machines
- Document shredders
- Digital audio recorders
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laptop computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Laser facsimile machines
- Personal computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Document scanners
- Word processors
- Handheld calculators
- Digital cameras
- Electric typewriters
- Presentation software
- Thomson West WestlawPRO
- Billing software
- Email software
- Web browser software
- Electronic diary software
- Word processing software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Visio
- Desktop publishing software
- Appointment scheduling software
- Accounting software
- Database software
- Amortization calculation software
- Spreadsheet software
- Sage 50 Accounting
- Microsoft Word
- Legal research software
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Litigation management software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Filing system software
- Intuit Quicken
- Web conferencing software
- Case management software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Transcription software
- Web page design and editing software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Legal software