Will “Certified Legal Secretary Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Certified Legal Secretary Specialist” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #672 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Perform secretarial duties using legal terminology, procedures, and documents. Prepare legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas. May also assist with legal research.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-6012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 47,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 23.00
- Currently, there are 191,200 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Legal Secretaries”.
Also Known As…
- Legal Secretaries
- Magistrate Assistant
- Litigation Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Administrative Secretary
- Judicial Administrative Assistant
- Confidential Secretary
- Paralegal Secretary
- Litigation Secretary
- Litigation Legal Secretary
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Law Secretary
- Executive Secretary
- District Court Administrator
- Administrative Assistant
- Accredited Legal Secretary
Tasks for “Certified Legal Secretary Specialist”
- Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Prepare and distribute invoices to bill clients or pay account expenses.
- Organize and maintain law libraries, documents, and case files.
- Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.
- Draft and type office memos.
- Review legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
- Submit articles and information from searches to attorneys for review and approval for use.
- Schedule and make appointments.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Complete various forms, such as accident reports, trial and courtroom requests, and applications for clients.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
Related Technology & Tools
- Handheld calculators
- Electric typewriters
- Photocopying equipment
- Word processors
- Document scanners
- Digital cameras
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Laser facsimile machines
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Digital duplicating machines
- Digital audio recorders
- Laptop computers
- Microfiche machines
- Document shredders
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Desktop publishing software
- Thomson West WestlawPRO
- Filing system software
- Intuit Quicken
- Litigation management software
- Web page design and editing software
- Electronic diary software
- Appointment scheduling software
- Accounting software
- Microsoft Office
- Email software
- Amortization calculation software
- Word processing software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Spreadsheet software
- Transcription software
- Microsoft Excel
- Sage 50 Accounting
- Presentation software
- Case management software
- Legal research software
- Billing software
- Microsoft Word
- Web conferencing software
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Outlook
- Database software
- Legal software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat