Will “Magistrate Assistant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Magistrate Assistant” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #672 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Perform secretarial duties using legal terminology, procedures, and documents. Prepare legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas. May also assist with legal research.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-6012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 47,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 23.00
- Currently, there are 191,200 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Legal Secretaries”.
Also Known As…
- Legal Secretaries
- Litigation Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Administrative Secretary
- Judicial Administrative Assistant
- Confidential Secretary
- Paralegal Secretary
- Magistrate Assistant
- Litigation Secretary
- Litigation Legal Secretary
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Law Secretary
- Executive Secretary
- District Court Administrator
- Certified Legal Secretary Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Accredited Legal Secretary
Tasks for “Magistrate Assistant”
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Complete various forms, such as accident reports, trial and courtroom requests, and applications for clients.
- Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Draft and type office memos.
- Organize and maintain law libraries, documents, and case files.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
- Review legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases.
- Prepare and distribute invoices to bill clients or pay account expenses.
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
- Submit articles and information from searches to attorneys for review and approval for use.
- Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Schedule and make appointments.
Related Technology & Tools
- Electric typewriters
- Digital cameras
- Word processors
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Personal computers
- Document shredders
- Document scanners
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Digital audio recorders
- Handheld calculators
- Photocopying equipment
- Digital duplicating machines
- Microfiche machines
- Laser facsimile machines
- Laptop computers
- Word processing software
- Intuit Quicken
- Presentation software
- Web conferencing software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Thomson West WestlawPRO
- Filing system software
- Litigation management software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Appointment scheduling software
- Microsoft Office
- Desktop publishing software
- Microsoft Visio
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Sage 50 Accounting
- Legal software
- Microsoft Word
- Amortization calculation software
- Electronic diary software
- Database software
- Web browser software
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Legal research software
- Accounting software
- Billing software
- Microsoft Excel
- Transcription software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Email software
- Spreadsheet software
- Web page design and editing software
- Case management software