Will “Magistrate Assistant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Magistrate Assistant” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #672 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Perform secretarial duties using legal terminology, procedures, and documents. Prepare legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas. May also assist with legal research.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-6012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 47,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 23.00
- Currently, there are 191,200 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Legal Secretaries”.
Also Known As…
- Legal Secretaries
- Litigation Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Administrative Secretary
- Judicial Administrative Assistant
- Confidential Secretary
- Paralegal Secretary
- Magistrate Assistant
- Litigation Secretary
- Litigation Legal Secretary
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Law Secretary
- Executive Secretary
- District Court Administrator
- Certified Legal Secretary Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Accredited Legal Secretary
Tasks for “Magistrate Assistant”
- Prepare and distribute invoices to bill clients or pay account expenses.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
- Complete various forms, such as accident reports, trial and courtroom requests, and applications for clients.
- Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Draft and type office memos.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Submit articles and information from searches to attorneys for review and approval for use.
- Review legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases.
- Schedule and make appointments.
- Organize and maintain law libraries, documents, and case files.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Electric typewriters
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Document shredders
- Digital duplicating machines
- Document scanners
- Photocopying equipment
- Handheld calculators
- Microfiche machines
- Digital cameras
- Digital audio recorders
- Laser facsimile machines
- Word processors
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Billing software
- Email software
- Database software
- Web page design and editing software
- Accounting software
- Presentation software
- Sage 50 Accounting
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Microsoft Office
- Desktop publishing software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel
- Thomson West WestlawPRO
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Outlook
- Filing system software
- Intuit Quicken
- Word processing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Legal software
- Transcription software
- Electronic diary software
- Amortization calculation software
- Case management software
- Appointment scheduling software
- Microsoft Word
- Web conferencing software
- Microsoft Visio
- Legal research software
- Litigation management software