Will “Paralegal Secretary” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Paralegal Secretary” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #672 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Perform secretarial duties using legal terminology, procedures, and documents. Prepare legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas. May also assist with legal research.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-6012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 47,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 23.00
- Currently, there are 191,200 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Legal Secretaries”.
Also Known As…
- Legal Secretaries
- Magistrate Assistant
- Litigation Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Administrative Secretary
- Judicial Administrative Assistant
- Confidential Secretary
- Litigation Secretary
- Litigation Legal Secretary
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Law Secretary
- Executive Secretary
- District Court Administrator
- Certified Legal Secretary Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Accredited Legal Secretary
Tasks for “Paralegal Secretary”
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
- Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Prepare and distribute invoices to bill clients or pay account expenses.
- Draft and type office memos.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Complete various forms, such as accident reports, trial and courtroom requests, and applications for clients.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
- Organize and maintain law libraries, documents, and case files.
- Submit articles and information from searches to attorneys for review and approval for use.
- Review legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases.
- Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Schedule and make appointments.
Related Technology & Tools
- Document shredders
- Digital audio recorders
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Word processors
- Electric typewriters
- Digital cameras
- Digital duplicating machines
- Photocopying equipment
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Document scanners
- Handheld calculators
- Laser facsimile machines
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Microfiche machines
- Accounting software
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Legal research software
- Electronic diary software
- Filing system software
- Spreadsheet software
- Web browser software
- Case management software
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Visio
- Appointment scheduling software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Web conferencing software
- Database software
- Presentation software
- Billing software
- Litigation management software
- Email software
- Desktop publishing software
- Sage 50 Accounting
- Legal software
- Transcription software
- Intuit Quicken
- Microsoft Outlook
- Thomson West WestlawPRO
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Web page design and editing software
- Microsoft Excel
- Amortization calculation software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat