Will “Paralegal Secretary” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Paralegal Secretary” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #672 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Perform secretarial duties using legal terminology, procedures, and documents. Prepare legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas. May also assist with legal research.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-6012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 47,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 23.00
- Currently, there are 191,200 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Legal Secretaries”.
Also Known As…
- Legal Secretaries
- Magistrate Assistant
- Litigation Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Administrative Secretary
- Judicial Administrative Assistant
- Confidential Secretary
- Litigation Secretary
- Litigation Legal Secretary
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Law Secretary
- Executive Secretary
- District Court Administrator
- Certified Legal Secretary Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Accredited Legal Secretary
Tasks for “Paralegal Secretary”
- Schedule and make appointments.
- Review legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases.
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
- Draft and type office memos.
- Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.
- Organize and maintain law libraries, documents, and case files.
- Prepare and distribute invoices to bill clients or pay account expenses.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Submit articles and information from searches to attorneys for review and approval for use.
- Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Complete various forms, such as accident reports, trial and courtroom requests, and applications for clients.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Document shredders
- Digital cameras
- Laser facsimile machines
- Word processors
- Microfiche machines
- Photocopying equipment
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Document scanners
- Handheld calculators
- Electric typewriters
- Digital audio recorders
- Digital duplicating machines
- Laptop computers
- Sage 50 Accounting
- Word processing software
- Web conferencing software
- Web page design and editing software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Email software
- Appointment scheduling software
- Billing software
- Thomson West WestlawPRO
- Electronic diary software
- Case management software
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Office
- Legal software
- Litigation management software
- Presentation software
- Microsoft Excel
- Accounting software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Legal research software
- Amortization calculation software
- Desktop publishing software
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Microsoft Outlook
- Database software
- Intuit Quicken
- Filing system software
- Microsoft Visio
- Transcription software
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Word
- IBM Lotus Notes