Will “Legal Secretaries” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Legal Secretaries” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #672 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Perform secretarial duties using legal terminology, procedures, and documents. Prepare legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas. May also assist with legal research.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-6012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 47,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 23.00
- Currently, there are 191,200 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Magistrate Assistant
- Litigation Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Administrative Secretary
- Judicial Administrative Assistant
- Confidential Secretary
- Paralegal Secretary
- Litigation Secretary
- Litigation Legal Secretary
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Law Secretary
- Executive Secretary
- District Court Administrator
- Certified Legal Secretary Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Accredited Legal Secretary
Tasks for “Legal Secretaries”
- Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Draft and type office memos.
- Submit articles and information from searches to attorneys for review and approval for use.
- Organize and maintain law libraries, documents, and case files.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Complete various forms, such as accident reports, trial and courtroom requests, and applications for clients.
- Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.
- Review legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases.
- Schedule and make appointments.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
- Prepare and distribute invoices to bill clients or pay account expenses.
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
Related Technology & Tools
- Microfiche machines
- Handheld calculators
- Personal computers
- Word processors
- Digital audio recorders
- Document scanners
- Digital duplicating machines
- Electric typewriters
- Laptop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Photocopying equipment
- Digital cameras
- Document shredders
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Case management software
- Spreadsheet software
- Amortization calculation software
- Billing software
- Appointment scheduling software
- Intuit Quicken
- Microsoft Word
- Presentation software
- Legal research software
- Email software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Filing system software
- Electronic diary software
- Litigation management software
- Word processing software
- Legal software
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Database software
- Accounting software
- Thomson West WestlawPRO
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Web browser software
- Sage 50 Accounting
- Microsoft Excel
- Desktop publishing software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web page design and editing software
- Web conferencing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Transcription software
- Microsoft Office