Will “Legal Secretaries” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Legal Secretaries” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #672 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Perform secretarial duties using legal terminology, procedures, and documents. Prepare legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas. May also assist with legal research.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-6012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 47,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 23.00
- Currently, there are 191,200 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Magistrate Assistant
- Litigation Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Administrative Secretary
- Judicial Administrative Assistant
- Confidential Secretary
- Paralegal Secretary
- Litigation Secretary
- Litigation Legal Secretary
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Law Secretary
- Executive Secretary
- District Court Administrator
- Certified Legal Secretary Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Accredited Legal Secretary
Tasks for “Legal Secretaries”
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Complete various forms, such as accident reports, trial and courtroom requests, and applications for clients.
- Review legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
- Schedule and make appointments.
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
- Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Submit articles and information from searches to attorneys for review and approval for use.
- Draft and type office memos.
- Prepare and distribute invoices to bill clients or pay account expenses.
- Organize and maintain law libraries, documents, and case files.
Related Technology & Tools
- Digital cameras
- Document scanners
- Handheld calculators
- Document shredders
- Word processors
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Laser facsimile machines
- Laptop computers
- Digital duplicating machines
- Microfiche machines
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Electric typewriters
- Digital audio recorders
- Web conferencing software
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Litigation management software
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Web page design and editing software
- Thomson West WestlawPRO
- Filing system software
- Case management software
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Word processing software
- Billing software
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Presentation software
- Transcription software
- Legal software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Desktop publishing software
- Accounting software
- Appointment scheduling software
- Microsoft Office
- Sage 50 Accounting
- Spreadsheet software
- Email software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Visio
- Database software
- Intuit Quicken
- Amortization calculation software
- Legal research software
- Electronic diary software