Will “Legal Secretary” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Legal Secretary” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #672 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Perform secretarial duties using legal terminology, procedures, and documents. Prepare legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas. May also assist with legal research.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-6012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 47,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 23.00
- Currently, there are 191,200 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Legal Secretaries”.
Also Known As…
- Legal Secretaries
- Magistrate Assistant
- Litigation Assistant
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Administrative Secretary
- Judicial Administrative Assistant
- Confidential Secretary
- Paralegal Secretary
- Litigation Secretary
- Litigation Legal Secretary
- Legal Secretary
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Law Secretary
- Executive Secretary
- District Court Administrator
- Certified Legal Secretary Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Accredited Legal Secretary
Tasks for “Legal Secretary”
- Draft and type office memos.
- Complete various forms, such as accident reports, trial and courtroom requests, and applications for clients.
- Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Prepare and distribute invoices to bill clients or pay account expenses.
- Submit articles and information from searches to attorneys for review and approval for use.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
- Review legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases.
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Schedule and make appointments.
- Organize and maintain law libraries, documents, and case files.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Digital cameras
- Laptop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Digital duplicating machines
- Handheld calculators
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Photocopying equipment
- Document scanners
- Document shredders
- Microfiche machines
- Word processors
- Digital audio recorders
- Electric typewriters
- Personal computers
- Amortization calculation software
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office
- Word processing software
- Electronic diary software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Billing software
- Web page design and editing software
- Thomson West WestlawPRO
- Legal research software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Database software
- Sage 50 Accounting
- Filing system software
- Appointment scheduling software
- Case management software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Presentation software
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Web browser software
- Web conferencing software
- Intuit Quicken
- Accounting software
- Email software
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Desktop publishing software
- Transcription software
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Litigation management software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Legal software