Will “Legal Assistant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Legal Assistant” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #672 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Perform secretarial duties using legal terminology, procedures, and documents. Prepare legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas. May also assist with legal research.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-6012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 47,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 23.00
- Currently, there are 191,200 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Legal Secretaries”.
Also Known As…
- Legal Secretaries
- Magistrate Assistant
- Litigation Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Legal Administrative Secretary
- Judicial Administrative Assistant
- Confidential Secretary
- Paralegal Secretary
- Litigation Secretary
- Litigation Legal Secretary
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Law Secretary
- Executive Secretary
- District Court Administrator
- Certified Legal Secretary Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Accredited Legal Secretary
Tasks for “Legal Assistant”
- Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
- Prepare and distribute invoices to bill clients or pay account expenses.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Review legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases.
- Complete various forms, such as accident reports, trial and courtroom requests, and applications for clients.
- Organize and maintain law libraries, documents, and case files.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Draft and type office memos.
- Submit articles and information from searches to attorneys for review and approval for use.
- Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.
- Schedule and make appointments.
Related Technology & Tools
- Photocopying equipment
- Laser facsimile machines
- Microfiche machines
- Document shredders
- Digital cameras
- Digital duplicating machines
- Electric typewriters
- Laptop computers
- Digital audio recorders
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Word processors
- Document scanners
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Handheld calculators
- Personal computers
- Microsoft Office
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Billing software
- Sage 50 Accounting
- Transcription software
- Case management software
- Litigation management software
- Word processing software
- Web conferencing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Excel
- Email software
- Microsoft Word
- Electronic diary software
- Legal research software
- Spreadsheet software
- Filing system software
- Accounting software
- Intuit Quicken
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Visio
- Legal software
- Web page design and editing software
- Desktop publishing software
- Presentation software
- Database software
- Amortization calculation software
- Thomson West WestlawPRO
- Appointment scheduling software
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Outlook