Will “Bill Poster Installer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Bill Poster Installer” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
Tasks for “Bill Poster Installer”
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
Related Technology & Tools
- Razor blade dispensers
- Paste board clamps
- Seam rollers
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Wallpaper steamers
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Length measuring counters
- Step ladders
- Paste syringes
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Paste beaters
- Laptop computers
- Wallpaper scissors
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Measuring tapes
- Electric bucket heaters
- Tablet computers
- Plumb lines
- Break off knives
- Personal computers
- Hand trowels
- Perforating rollers
- Paste brushes
- Extension ladders
- Laser levels
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Wallpaper shears
- Rolling scaffolds
- Broad knives
- Drywall power sanders
- Chalk line markers
- Straight edge trimmers
- Pneumatic staplers
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Paste tables
- Border holdups
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Aluminum straightedges
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- On Center Quick Bid
- A-Systems Jobview
- Microsoft Excel