Will “Paperhanger and Painter” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Paperhanger and Painter” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Paperhanger and Painter”
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
Related Technology & Tools
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Length measuring counters
- Broad knives
- Wallpaper scissors
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Plumb lines
- Aluminum straightedges
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Electric bucket heaters
- Paste brushes
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Razor blade dispensers
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Border holdups
- Straight edge trimmers
- Paste beaters
- Wallpaper shears
- Measuring tapes
- Seam rollers
- Wallpaper steamers
- Laptop computers
- Laser levels
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Step ladders
- Extension ladders
- Pneumatic staplers
- Hand trowels
- Rolling scaffolds
- Personal computers
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Paste board clamps
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Tablet computers
- Paste tables
- Perforating rollers
- Chalk line markers
- Drywall power sanders
- Break off knives
- Paste syringes
- On Center Quick Bid
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- A-Systems Jobview
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- Microsoft Excel