Will “Paperhanger and Painter” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Paperhanger and Painter” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Paperhanger and Painter”
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Paste tables
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Seam rollers
- Length measuring counters
- Tablet computers
- Personal computers
- Drywall power sanders
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Step ladders
- Paste syringes
- Wallpaper scissors
- Perforating rollers
- Rolling scaffolds
- Wallpaper steamers
- Paste beaters
- Straight edge trimmers
- Laser levels
- Wallpaper shears
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Chalk line markers
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Broad knives
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Measuring tapes
- Hand trowels
- Electric bucket heaters
- Aluminum straightedges
- Extension ladders
- Paste board clamps
- Razor blade dispensers
- Border holdups
- Pneumatic staplers
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Laptop computers
- Plumb lines
- Paste brushes
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Break off knives
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- A-Systems Jobview
- On Center Quick Bid
- Microsoft Excel
- Construction Software Center EasyEst