Will “Paper Hanger” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Paper Hanger” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Paper Hanger
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Paper Hanger”
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser levels
- Extension ladders
- Hand trowels
- Measuring tapes
- Paste syringes
- Aluminum straightedges
- Step ladders
- Wallpaper scissors
- Pneumatic staplers
- Length measuring counters
- Electric bucket heaters
- Paste beaters
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Drywall power sanders
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Break off knives
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Paste board clamps
- Razor blade dispensers
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Personal computers
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Wallpaper shears
- Paste tables
- Seam rollers
- Wallpaper steamers
- Perforating rollers
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Tablet computers
- Laptop computers
- Plumb lines
- Border holdups
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Straight edge trimmers
- Chalk line markers
- Rolling scaffolds
- Broad knives
- Paste brushes
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- Microsoft Excel
- On Center Quick Bid
- A-Systems Jobview