Will “Paper Hanger” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Paper Hanger” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Paper Hanger
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Paper Hanger”
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
Related Technology & Tools
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Wallpaper scissors
- Paste syringes
- Break off knives
- Seam rollers
- Border holdups
- Laptop computers
- Laser levels
- Hand trowels
- Aluminum straightedges
- Paste board clamps
- Wallpaper shears
- Extension ladders
- Tablet computers
- Paste tables
- Razor blade dispensers
- Broad knives
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Straight edge trimmers
- Plumb lines
- Drywall power sanders
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Rolling scaffolds
- Measuring tapes
- Electric bucket heaters
- Length measuring counters
- Step ladders
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Paste brushes
- Paste beaters
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Chalk line markers
- Personal computers
- Perforating rollers
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Pneumatic staplers
- Wallpaper steamers
- On Center Quick Bid
- A-Systems Jobview
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- Microsoft Excel
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal