Will “Interior Decorator, Paperhanging” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Interior Decorator, Paperhanging” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Interior Decorator, Paperhanging”
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
Related Technology & Tools
- Wallpaper scissors
- Measuring tapes
- Chalk line markers
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Laser levels
- Length measuring counters
- Pneumatic staplers
- Perforating rollers
- Step ladders
- Paste tables
- Wallpaper shears
- Straight edge trimmers
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Paste syringes
- Hand trowels
- Laptop computers
- Rolling scaffolds
- Tablet computers
- Plumb lines
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Border holdups
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Paste board clamps
- Paste beaters
- Seam rollers
- Aluminum straightedges
- Broad knives
- Break off knives
- Paste brushes
- Extension ladders
- Personal computers
- Razor blade dispensers
- Drywall power sanders
- Wallpaper steamers
- Electric bucket heaters
- A-Systems Jobview
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- Microsoft Excel
- On Center Quick Bid