Will “Paperhanger Apprentice” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Paperhanger Apprentice” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Paperhanger Apprentice”
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
Related Technology & Tools
- Perforating rollers
- Razor blade dispensers
- Plumb lines
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Seam rollers
- Drywall power sanders
- Wallpaper scissors
- Paste beaters
- Straight edge trimmers
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Length measuring counters
- Extension ladders
- Hand trowels
- Paste tables
- Break off knives
- Pneumatic staplers
- Tablet computers
- Broad knives
- Electric bucket heaters
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Paste syringes
- Laptop computers
- Laser levels
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Border holdups
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Paste brushes
- Aluminum straightedges
- Rolling scaffolds
- Personal computers
- Paste board clamps
- Measuring tapes
- Chalk line markers
- Wallpaper steamers
- Wallpaper shears
- Step ladders
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- A-Systems Jobview
- Microsoft Excel
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- On Center Quick Bid