Will “Paperhanger Apprentice” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Paperhanger Apprentice” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Paperhanger Apprentice”
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
Related Technology & Tools
- Break off knives
- Straight edge trimmers
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Paste board clamps
- Rolling scaffolds
- Razor blade dispensers
- Length measuring counters
- Step ladders
- Personal computers
- Chalk line markers
- Seam rollers
- Perforating rollers
- Border holdups
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Paste beaters
- Paste tables
- Tablet computers
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Hand trowels
- Paste syringes
- Extension ladders
- Wallpaper steamers
- Drywall power sanders
- Paste brushes
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Broad knives
- Wallpaper scissors
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Plumb lines
- Electric bucket heaters
- Laptop computers
- Aluminum straightedges
- Pneumatic staplers
- Measuring tapes
- Wallpaper shears
- Laser levels
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- Microsoft Excel
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- A-Systems Jobview
- On Center Quick Bid