Will “Bill Board Poster” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Bill Board Poster” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
- Bill Board Poster
Tasks for “Bill Board Poster”
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
Related Technology & Tools
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Break off knives
- Measuring tapes
- Chalk line markers
- Wallpaper steamers
- Personal computers
- Paste syringes
- Broad knives
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Step ladders
- Plumb lines
- Paste board clamps
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Paste tables
- Paste brushes
- Seam rollers
- Razor blade dispensers
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Border holdups
- Pneumatic staplers
- Perforating rollers
- Wallpaper scissors
- Rolling scaffolds
- Length measuring counters
- Drywall power sanders
- Wallpaper shears
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Electric bucket heaters
- Laser levels
- Extension ladders
- Straight edge trimmers
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Hand trowels
- Tablet computers
- Laptop computers
- Aluminum straightedges
- Paste beaters
- On Center Quick Bid
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- A-Systems Jobview
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- Microsoft Excel