Will “Bill Board Poster” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Bill Board Poster” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
- Bill Board Poster
Tasks for “Bill Board Poster”
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
Related Technology & Tools
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Wallpaper scissors
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Electric bucket heaters
- Chalk line markers
- Aluminum straightedges
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Laptop computers
- Wallpaper shears
- Rolling scaffolds
- Broad knives
- Tablet computers
- Measuring tapes
- Paste syringes
- Seam rollers
- Laser levels
- Hand trowels
- Length measuring counters
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Border holdups
- Perforating rollers
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Break off knives
- Straight edge trimmers
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Extension ladders
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Paste beaters
- Paste brushes
- Razor blade dispensers
- Wallpaper steamers
- Paste board clamps
- Step ladders
- Plumb lines
- Pneumatic staplers
- Paste tables
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Personal computers
- Drywall power sanders
- A-Systems Jobview
- On Center Quick Bid
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- Microsoft Excel
- Construction Software Center EasyEst