Will “Hanger” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Hanger” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Hanger”
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
Related Technology & Tools
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Step ladders
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Break off knives
- Tablet computers
- Paste board clamps
- Extension ladders
- Paste brushes
- Wallpaper scissors
- Drywall power sanders
- Pneumatic staplers
- Wallpaper steamers
- Razor blade dispensers
- Measuring tapes
- Laser levels
- Paste syringes
- Hand trowels
- Electric bucket heaters
- Rolling scaffolds
- Border holdups
- Straight edge trimmers
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Aluminum straightedges
- Perforating rollers
- Chalk line markers
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Laptop computers
- Plumb lines
- Wallpaper shears
- Broad knives
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Paste beaters
- Length measuring counters
- Paste tables
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Seam rollers
- Personal computers
- On Center Quick Bid
- Microsoft Excel
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- A-Systems Jobview
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal