Will “Hanger” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Hanger” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Hanger”
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
Related Technology & Tools
- Drywall power sanders
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Paste beaters
- Hand trowels
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Wallpaper shears
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Razor blade dispensers
- Laptop computers
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Aluminum straightedges
- Wallpaper steamers
- Paste board clamps
- Electric bucket heaters
- Paste brushes
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Tablet computers
- Broad knives
- Pneumatic staplers
- Border holdups
- Break off knives
- Length measuring counters
- Paste syringes
- Paste tables
- Measuring tapes
- Rolling scaffolds
- Laser levels
- Plumb lines
- Chalk line markers
- Straight edge trimmers
- Wallpaper scissors
- Personal computers
- Step ladders
- Extension ladders
- Seam rollers
- Perforating rollers
- A-Systems Jobview
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- Microsoft Excel
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- On Center Quick Bid