Will “Wallcovering Hanger” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Wallcovering Hanger” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Wallcovering Hanger”
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
Related Technology & Tools
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Plumb lines
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Paste board clamps
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Length measuring counters
- Rolling scaffolds
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Extension ladders
- Seam rollers
- Paste syringes
- Laptop computers
- Wallpaper steamers
- Aluminum straightedges
- Paste beaters
- Measuring tapes
- Wallpaper scissors
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Drywall power sanders
- Hand trowels
- Personal computers
- Razor blade dispensers
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Chalk line markers
- Straight edge trimmers
- Broad knives
- Perforating rollers
- Break off knives
- Step ladders
- Pneumatic staplers
- Paste tables
- Electric bucket heaters
- Tablet computers
- Border holdups
- Laser levels
- Wallpaper shears
- Paste brushes
- Microsoft Excel
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- On Center Quick Bid
- A-Systems Jobview