Will “Wallcovering Hanger” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Wallcovering Hanger” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Wallcovering Hanger”
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
Related Technology & Tools
- Chalk line markers
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Paste syringes
- Drywall power sanders
- Hand trowels
- Aluminum straightedges
- Step ladders
- Seam rollers
- Laptop computers
- Tablet computers
- Razor blade dispensers
- Electric bucket heaters
- Measuring tapes
- Paste beaters
- Extension ladders
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Break off knives
- Pneumatic staplers
- Wallpaper scissors
- Border holdups
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Broad knives
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Wallpaper steamers
- Length measuring counters
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Laser levels
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Straight edge trimmers
- Rolling scaffolds
- Paste tables
- Personal computers
- Paste board clamps
- Perforating rollers
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Paste brushes
- Plumb lines
- Wallpaper shears
- On Center Quick Bid
- A-Systems Jobview
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- Microsoft Excel
- Construction Software Center EasyEst