Will “Vinyl Hanger” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Vinyl Hanger” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Vinyl Hanger”
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
Related Technology & Tools
- Measuring tapes
- Tablet computers
- Perforating rollers
- Border holdups
- Wallpaper steamers
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Extension ladders
- Step ladders
- Wallpaper scissors
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Paste beaters
- Personal computers
- Hand trowels
- Pneumatic staplers
- Aluminum straightedges
- Razor blade dispensers
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Length measuring counters
- Laser levels
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Rolling scaffolds
- Paste syringes
- Paste board clamps
- Electric bucket heaters
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Broad knives
- Straight edge trimmers
- Wallpaper shears
- Paste brushes
- Chalk line markers
- Paste tables
- Break off knives
- Plumb lines
- Seam rollers
- Drywall power sanders
- Laptop computers
- A-Systems Jobview
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- On Center Quick Bid
- Microsoft Excel
- Construction Software Center EasyEst