Will “Vinyl Hanger” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Vinyl Hanger” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Vinyl Hanger”
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
Related Technology & Tools
- Aluminum straightedges
- Border holdups
- Rolling scaffolds
- Wallpaper steamers
- Pneumatic staplers
- Length measuring counters
- Measuring tapes
- Broad knives
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Razor blade dispensers
- Hand trowels
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Electric bucket heaters
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Seam rollers
- Laser levels
- Wallpaper scissors
- Paste brushes
- Laptop computers
- Paste board clamps
- Chalk line markers
- Personal computers
- Drywall power sanders
- Straight edge trimmers
- Extension ladders
- Paste beaters
- Perforating rollers
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Step ladders
- Wallpaper shears
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Plumb lines
- Paste tables
- Break off knives
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Tablet computers
- Paste syringes
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- A-Systems Jobview
- On Center Quick Bid
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- Microsoft Excel