Will “Billboard Poster” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Billboard Poster” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Billboard Poster”
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
Related Technology & Tools
- Tablet computers
- Hand trowels
- Step ladders
- Broad knives
- Straight edge trimmers
- Border holdups
- Break off knives
- Paste syringes
- Aluminum straightedges
- Wallpaper steamers
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Plumb lines
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Wallpaper shears
- Rolling scaffolds
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Extension ladders
- Personal computers
- Razor blade dispensers
- Length measuring counters
- Wallpaper scissors
- Chalk line markers
- Seam rollers
- Paste beaters
- Paste brushes
- Pneumatic staplers
- Perforating rollers
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Paste board clamps
- Drywall power sanders
- Electric bucket heaters
- Laser levels
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Laptop computers
- Paste tables
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Measuring tapes
- Microsoft Excel
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- On Center Quick Bid
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- A-Systems Jobview