Will “Billboard Poster” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Billboard Poster” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Billboard Poster”
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
Related Technology & Tools
- Electric bucket heaters
- Drywall power sanders
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Seam rollers
- Straight edge trimmers
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Step ladders
- Length measuring counters
- Laptop computers
- Border holdups
- Paste board clamps
- Perforating rollers
- Wallpaper shears
- Break off knives
- Paste beaters
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Plumb lines
- Broad knives
- Extension ladders
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Tablet computers
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Razor blade dispensers
- Wallpaper steamers
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Paste tables
- Measuring tapes
- Personal computers
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Paste brushes
- Wallpaper scissors
- Hand trowels
- Pneumatic staplers
- Paste syringes
- Rolling scaffolds
- Laser levels
- Chalk line markers
- Aluminum straightedges
- On Center Quick Bid
- Microsoft Excel
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- A-Systems Jobview