Will “Vinyl Installer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Vinyl Installer” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Vinyl Installer”
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Straight edge trimmers
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Break off knives
- Drywall power sanders
- Chalk line markers
- Measuring tapes
- Wallpaper scissors
- Broad knives
- Border holdups
- Length measuring counters
- Rolling scaffolds
- Wallpaper steamers
- Pneumatic staplers
- Paste brushes
- Laptop computers
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Paste board clamps
- Plumb lines
- Hand trowels
- Personal computers
- Aluminum straightedges
- Laser levels
- Paste tables
- Paste beaters
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Extension ladders
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Perforating rollers
- Seam rollers
- Electric bucket heaters
- Wallpaper shears
- Razor blade dispensers
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Paste syringes
- Step ladders
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Tablet computers
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- A-Systems Jobview
- Microsoft Excel
- On Center Quick Bid
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal