Will “Vinyl Installer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Vinyl Installer” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Vinyl Installer”
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
Related Technology & Tools
- Plumb lines
- Break off knives
- Laser levels
- Paste syringes
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Length measuring counters
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Straight edge trimmers
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Paste brushes
- Broad knives
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Border holdups
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Paste board clamps
- Electric bucket heaters
- Wallpaper scissors
- Paste tables
- Step ladders
- Drywall power sanders
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Tablet computers
- Measuring tapes
- Pneumatic staplers
- Razor blade dispensers
- Aluminum straightedges
- Personal computers
- Hand trowels
- Rolling scaffolds
- Laptop computers
- Extension ladders
- Seam rollers
- Chalk line markers
- Wallpaper steamers
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Perforating rollers
- Paste beaters
- Wallpaper shears
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Microsoft Excel
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- On Center Quick Bid
- A-Systems Jobview