Will “Wallpaperer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Wallpaperer” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Wallpaperer”
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
Related Technology & Tools
- Extension ladders
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Broad knives
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Chalk line markers
- Break off knives
- Wallpaper steamers
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Paste brushes
- Border holdups
- Paste beaters
- Pneumatic staplers
- Electric bucket heaters
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Wallpaper shears
- Perforating rollers
- Laser levels
- Personal computers
- Wallpaper scissors
- Tablet computers
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Step ladders
- Laptop computers
- Hand trowels
- Straight edge trimmers
- Aluminum straightedges
- Razor blade dispensers
- Measuring tapes
- Seam rollers
- Length measuring counters
- Paste syringes
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Paste board clamps
- Rolling scaffolds
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Drywall power sanders
- Paste tables
- Plumb lines
- On Center Quick Bid
- Microsoft Excel
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- A-Systems Jobview