Will “Wallpaperer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Wallpaperer” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Wallpaperer”
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
Related Technology & Tools
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Razor blade dispensers
- Rolling scaffolds
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Chalk line markers
- Paste tables
- Drywall power sanders
- Tablet computers
- Length measuring counters
- Paste brushes
- Straight edge trimmers
- Pneumatic staplers
- Step ladders
- Paste syringes
- Personal computers
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Broad knives
- Extension ladders
- Wallpaper scissors
- Paste beaters
- Wallpaper shears
- Aluminum straightedges
- Electric bucket heaters
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Break off knives
- Hand trowels
- Laptop computers
- Measuring tapes
- Laser levels
- Wallpaper steamers
- Seam rollers
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Plumb lines
- Perforating rollers
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Border holdups
- Paste board clamps
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- Microsoft Excel
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- A-Systems Jobview
- On Center Quick Bid