Will “Paperhangers” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Paperhangers” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Paperhangers”
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
Related Technology & Tools
- Measuring tapes
- Border holdups
- Paste board clamps
- Length measuring counters
- Wallpaper steamers
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Personal computers
- Paste tables
- Laptop computers
- Pneumatic staplers
- Break off knives
- Step ladders
- Perforating rollers
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Rolling scaffolds
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Plumb lines
- Chalk line markers
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Wallpaper scissors
- Paste syringes
- Electric bucket heaters
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Broad knives
- Razor blade dispensers
- Aluminum straightedges
- Drywall power sanders
- Straight edge trimmers
- Wallpaper shears
- Paste beaters
- Paste brushes
- Tablet computers
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Laser levels
- Extension ladders
- Seam rollers
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Hand trowels
- On Center Quick Bid
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- Microsoft Excel
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- A-Systems Jobview