Will “Wallpaper Installer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Wallpaper Installer” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Wallpaper Installer”
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Measuring tapes
- Personal computers
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Border holdups
- Electric bucket heaters
- Broad knives
- Chalk line markers
- Laser levels
- Plumb lines
- Paste tables
- Extension ladders
- Hand trowels
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Perforating rollers
- Razor blade dispensers
- Drywall power sanders
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Seam rollers
- Paste brushes
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Length measuring counters
- Tablet computers
- Step ladders
- Paste beaters
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Paste syringes
- Wallpaper shears
- Wallpaper scissors
- Wallpaper steamers
- Aluminum straightedges
- Break off knives
- Pneumatic staplers
- Rolling scaffolds
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Straight edge trimmers
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Paste board clamps
- A-Systems Jobview
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- On Center Quick Bid
- Microsoft Excel
- Construction Software Center EasyEst