Will “Wall Covering Installer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Wall Covering Installer” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Wall Covering Installer”
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
Related Technology & Tools
- Rolling scaffolds
- Measuring tapes
- Extension ladders
- Perforating rollers
- Paste beaters
- Laser levels
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Border holdups
- Drywall power sanders
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Pneumatic staplers
- Broad knives
- Length measuring counters
- Aluminum straightedges
- Electric bucket heaters
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Seam rollers
- Hand trowels
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Personal computers
- Razor blade dispensers
- Paste brushes
- Wallpaper scissors
- Plumb lines
- Paste tables
- Step ladders
- Straight edge trimmers
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Wallpaper steamers
- Paste board clamps
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Laptop computers
- Wallpaper shears
- Break off knives
- Chalk line markers
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Tablet computers
- Paste syringes
- Microsoft Excel
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- A-Systems Jobview
- On Center Quick Bid
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal