Will “Wallpaper Hanger” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Wallpaper Hanger” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Poster
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
Tasks for “Wallpaper Hanger”
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
Related Technology & Tools
- Length measuring counters
- Pneumatic staplers
- Wallpaper scissors
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Measuring tapes
- Wallpaper steamers
- Straight edge trimmers
- Hand trowels
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Electric bucket heaters
- Perforating rollers
- Rolling scaffolds
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Border holdups
- Aluminum straightedges
- Broad knives
- Chalk line markers
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Paste syringes
- Personal computers
- Wallpaper shears
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- Extension ladders
- Laser levels
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Drywall power sanders
- Plumb lines
- Seam rollers
- Paste beaters
- Break off knives
- Razor blade dispensers
- Paste tables
- Paste board clamps
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Laptop computers
- Paste brushes
- Tablet computers
- Step ladders
- A-Systems Jobview
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- On Center Quick Bid
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- Microsoft Excel