Will “Bill Poster” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
87% Chance of Automation
“Bill Poster” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #505 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-2142.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 36,470.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 3,190 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Paperhangers”.
Also Known As…
- Wallpaper Installer
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wall Covering Installer
- Wall Covering Contractor
- Vinyl Hanger
- Paper Hanger
- Bill Board Poster
- Wallcovering Hanger
- Vinyl Installer
- Paperhanger Apprentice
- Paperhanger and Painter
- Interior Decorator, Paperhanging
- Billboard Poster
- Bill Poster Installer
- Bill Poster
Tasks for “Bill Poster”
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Fill holes, cracks, and other surface imperfections preparatory to covering surfaces.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Staple or tack advertising posters onto fences, walls, billboards, or poles.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
Related Technology & Tools
- Paste syringes
- Wallpaper pasting machines
- Paste board clamps
- Wallpaper steamers
- Tablet computers
- Personal computers
- Aluminum straightedges
- Wallpaper smoothers
- Wallpaper removal sprayers
- Wallpaper shears
- Paste brushes
- Laser levels
- Step ladders
- Pneumatic staplers
- Laptop computers
- Extension ladders
- Straight edge trimmers
- Double cutting wallpaper knives
- Rolling scaffolds
- Plumb lines
- Electric bucket heaters
- Length measuring counters
- Measuring tapes
- Hand trowels
- Razor blade dispensers
- Drywall power sanders
- Wallpaper smoothing brushes
- Wallpaper scissors
- Perforating rollers
- Break off knives
- Chalk line markers
- Paste beaters
- Broad knives
- Paste tables
- Wallpaper scrapers
- Wallpaper booking tables
- Seam rollers
- Border holdups
- Wallpaper pasting boards
- A-Systems Jobview
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal
- On Center Quick Bid
- Microsoft Excel
- Construction Software Center EasyEst