Will “Medical Administrative Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Medical Administrative Specialist” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcription Coordinator
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Senior Medical Transcriptionist
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Pathology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Coding Technician
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Medical Administrative Specialist”
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop transcribers
- Desktop computers
- Transcribing equipment
- Personal computers
- Laser printers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Postage meters
- Notebook computers
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- Patient billing software
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Word
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Microsoft Excel
- Voice recognition software
- dBASE Plus
- PCC EHR
- Corel WordPerfect
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- g-net solutions MTP
- Emmaus MPWord
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- SpeedUp Trans
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- Web browser software
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- Microsoft Outlook
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- FileMaker Pro
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- Spreadsheet software
- Spellex AccuCount
- Database software
- Medical terminology databases
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Windows
- Calendar software
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- Narratek Smartype
- Email software