Will “Medical Transcription Supervisor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Medical Transcription Supervisor” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcription Coordinator
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Senior Medical Transcriptionist
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Pathology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Medical Transcription Supervisor”
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Postage meters
- Transcribing equipment
- Notebook computers
- Desktop transcribers
- Laser printers
- Desktop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Personal computers
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- Corel WordPerfect
- Voice recognition software
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- g-net solutions MTP
- dBASE Plus
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- Narratek Smartype
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- Email software
- Microsoft Word
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL
- Word processing software
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- Data entry software
- Spellex AccuCount
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- Database software
- PCC EHR
- Microsoft Excel
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- Microsoft Outlook
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- SpeedUp Trans
- Microsoft Windows
- Spreadsheet software
- Web browser software
- Patient billing software
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems
- Calendar software
- Emmaus MPWord
- Medical terminology databases
- FileMaker Pro