Will “Medical Transcription Supervisor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Medical Transcription Supervisor” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcription Coordinator
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Senior Medical Transcriptionist
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Pathology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Medical Transcription Supervisor”
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser facsimile machines
- Desktop transcribers
- Notebook computers
- Transcribing equipment
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Laser printers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Postage meters
- Data entry software
- Spellex AccuCount
- FileMaker Pro
- PCC EHR
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- Spreadsheet software
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- Calendar software
- Word processing software
- Patient billing software
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- Voice recognition software
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Excel
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- Emmaus MPWord
- SpeedUp Trans
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- Web browser software
- Narratek Smartype
- dBASE Plus
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD
- Medical terminology databases
- Database software
- Email software
- Corel WordPerfect
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- Microsoft Word
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems
- Microsoft Outlook
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL
- g-net solutions MTP