Will “Transcription Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Transcription Coordinator” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Senior Medical Transcriptionist
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Pathology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Transcription Coordinator”
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser facsimile machines
- Notebook computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop transcribers
- Personal computers
- Postage meters
- Transcribing equipment
- Desktop computers
- Laser printers
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- PCC EHR
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- Spreadsheet software
- Corel WordPerfect
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- Word processing software
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- Microsoft Word
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Patient billing software
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL
- SpeedUp Trans
- Emmaus MPWord
- Medical terminology databases
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- Calendar software
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD
- Email software
- Narratek Smartype
- Microsoft Excel
- FileMaker Pro
- Data entry software
- dBASE Plus
- Database software
- Microsoft Windows
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Spellex AccuCount
- Voice recognition software
- g-net solutions MTP
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems