Will “Transcription Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Transcription Coordinator” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Senior Medical Transcriptionist
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Pathology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Transcription Coordinator”
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop transcribers
- Transcribing equipment
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Notebook computers
- Laser printers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Postage meters
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Narratek Smartype
- SpeedUp Trans
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- FileMaker Pro
- Voice recognition software
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- Database software
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD
- Emmaus MPWord
- Email software
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- g-net solutions MTP
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- Calendar software
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- Microsoft Excel
- PCC EHR
- Microsoft Windows
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- Medical terminology databases
- Word processing software
- Patient billing software
- Corel WordPerfect
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Spellex AccuCount
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Word
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- dBASE Plus
- Spreadsheet software