Will “Transcription Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Transcription Coordinator” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Senior Medical Transcriptionist
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Pathology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Transcription Coordinator”
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Transcribing equipment
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop transcribers
- Laser printers
- Notebook computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Postage meters
- Emmaus MPWord
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Excel
- FileMaker Pro
- Spellex AccuCount
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- Calendar software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Spreadsheet software
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- Microsoft Word
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- Database software
- SpeedUp Trans
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems
- Email software
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- PCC EHR
- Patient billing software
- g-net solutions MTP
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- Microsoft Windows
- Voice recognition software
- Web browser software
- Word processing software
- dBASE Plus
- Corel WordPerfect
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- Narratek Smartype
- Medical terminology databases
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD