Will “Transcriber” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Transcriber” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcription Coordinator
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Senior Medical Transcriptionist
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Pathology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Transcriber”
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Transcribing equipment
- Laser facsimile machines
- Desktop transcribers
- Laser printers
- Postage meters
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Notebook computers
- FileMaker Pro
- Database software
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL
- Narratek Smartype
- Microsoft Windows
- PCC EHR
- g-net solutions MTP
- Word processing software
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Voice recognition software
- Email software
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- Calendar software
- SpeedUp Trans
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- Medical terminology databases
- dBASE Plus
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- Microsoft Excel
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- Microsoft Outlook
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- Web browser software
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- Corel WordPerfect
- Microsoft Word
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- Spellex AccuCount
- Data entry software
- Emmaus MPWord
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- Spreadsheet software
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD
- Patient billing software