Will “Senior Medical Transcriptionist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Senior Medical Transcriptionist” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcription Coordinator
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Pathology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Senior Medical Transcriptionist”
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Notebook computers
- Personal computers
- Postage meters
- Laser facsimile machines
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop transcribers
- Laser printers
- Transcribing equipment
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- Web browser software
- Database software
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- g-net solutions MTP
- SpeedUp Trans
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- Microsoft Windows
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD
- FileMaker Pro
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- Calendar software
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- PCC EHR
- Microsoft Word
- Narratek Smartype
- Corel WordPerfect
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- Microsoft Excel
- Voice recognition software
- Email software
- Spreadsheet software
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- Spellex AccuCount
- Data entry software
- Word processing software
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- Microsoft Outlook
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Patient billing software
- Emmaus MPWord
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- dBASE Plus
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- Medical terminology databases