Will “Senior Medical Transcriptionist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Senior Medical Transcriptionist” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcription Coordinator
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Pathology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Senior Medical Transcriptionist”
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser facsimile machines
- Desktop transcribers
- Postage meters
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Notebook computers
- Transcribing equipment
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Laser printers
- Email software
- Calendar software
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- Data entry software
- Spellex AccuCount
- Medical terminology databases
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems
- Voice recognition software
- Emmaus MPWord
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- Corel WordPerfect
- Narratek Smartype
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- Web browser software
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL
- Database software
- FileMaker Pro
- Microsoft Outlook
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- Microsoft Excel
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- Microsoft Windows
- g-net solutions MTP
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- PCC EHR
- Patient billing software
- dBASE Plus
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- Word processing software
- SpeedUp Trans
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheet software