Will “Medical Transcription-Radiology” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Medical Transcription-Radiology” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcription Coordinator
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Senior Medical Transcriptionist
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Pathology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Medical Transcription-Radiology”
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Postage meters
- Transcribing equipment
- Laser printers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Desktop computers
- Desktop transcribers
- Notebook computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- Microsoft Excel
- Database software
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- Microsoft Windows
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL
- Patient billing software
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- Medical terminology databases
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- Voice recognition software
- SpeedUp Trans
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems
- Word processing software
- dBASE Plus
- Calendar software
- Spreadsheet software
- Web browser software
- Narratek Smartype
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- FileMaker Pro
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- PCC EHR
- Microsoft Outlook
- Data entry software
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- Corel WordPerfect
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- g-net solutions MTP
- Emmaus MPWord
- Email software
- Spellex AccuCount
- Microsoft Word