Will “Clinical Medical Transcriptionist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Clinical Medical Transcriptionist” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcription Coordinator
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Senior Medical Transcriptionist
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Pathology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Clinical Medical Transcriptionist”
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
Related Technology & Tools
- Transcribing equipment
- Postage meters
- Desktop computers
- Notebook computers
- Laser printers
- Personal computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop transcribers
- Word processing software
- g-net solutions MTP
- Patient billing software
- Email software
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD
- Data entry software
- Database software
- FileMaker Pro
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Emmaus MPWord
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- SpeedUp Trans
- Narratek Smartype
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- Microsoft Outlook
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- Microsoft Windows
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Web browser software
- Spreadsheet software
- Medical terminology databases
- PCC EHR
- Voice recognition software
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- Calendar software
- Corel WordPerfect
- dBASE Plus
- Spellex AccuCount