Will “Clinical Medical Transcriptionist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Clinical Medical Transcriptionist” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcription Coordinator
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Senior Medical Transcriptionist
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Pathology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Clinical Medical Transcriptionist”
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
Related Technology & Tools
- Transcribing equipment
- Personal computers
- Laser printers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Postage meters
- Notebook computers
- Desktop transcribers
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Email software
- Microsoft Word
- SpeedUp Trans
- Patient billing software
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- Spreadsheet software
- Database software
- Web browser software
- Word processing software
- Narratek Smartype
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- Spellex AccuCount
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems
- Corel WordPerfect
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL
- Microsoft Windows
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- PCC EHR
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- Medical terminology databases
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- dBASE Plus
- Voice recognition software
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- g-net solutions MTP
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- FileMaker Pro
- Calendar software
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Excel
- Emmaus MPWord
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- Microsoft Outlook