Will “Clinical Medical Transcriptionist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Clinical Medical Transcriptionist” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #523 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9094.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 54,070 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Medical Transcriptionists”.
Also Known As…
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Radiology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Language Specialist
- Documentation Specialist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcription Specialist
- Transcription Coordinator
- Transcribing Machine Operator
- Senior Medical Transcriptionist
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Radiology Transcriptionist/Radiology Clerk
- Provider Scribe
- Pathology Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Data Transcriber
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
Tasks for “Clinical Medical Transcriptionist”
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office machines.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser facsimile machines
- Transcribing equipment
- Desktop transcribers
- Notebook computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laser printers
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Postage meters
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
- Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer
- Electronic medical record EMR systems
- PCC EHR
- Medical terminology databases
- g-net solutions MTP
- Spellex AccuCount
- SpeedUp Trans
- Emmaus MPWord
- Patient billing software
- Database software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Precision Data Solutions VoicePower
- Calendar software
- FileMaker Pro
- Integrated Systems Management OmniMD
- SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Windows
- Email software
- Narratek Smartype
- Spreadsheet software
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Outlook
- dBASE Plus
- Corel WordPerfect
- Sylvan Software ShortCut
- Allscripts Misys Healthcare Systems
- Voice recognition software
- Sylvan Software Complete Medical Pharmaceutical Spell Checker
- Crescendo Systems Corporation MedRite-XL
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- Web browser software
- Sylvan Software DropChute Pro
- MedQuist DocQment Enterprise Platform
- Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL