Will “Guest Service Agent” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Guest Service Agent” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #211 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Assist patrons at hotel, apartment, or office building with personal services. May take messages, arrange or give advice on transportation, business services or entertainment, or monitor guest requests for housekeeping and maintenance.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 39-6012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 31,440.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 15.00
- Currently, there are 32,020 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Concierges”.
Also Known As…
- Lobby Concierge
- Hotel Concierge
- Guest Service Supervisor
- Guest Service Agent
- Conference Concierge
- Club Concierge
- Chief Concierge
- Chef Concierge
- Activities Concierge
- Personal Assistant
- NCA Certified Concierge
- Hotel Lobby Concierge
- Hotel Guest Service Agent
- Hospitality Aide
- Head Concierge
- Chief Lifestyle Officer
- Chief Concierge (Head Concierge)
- Chef Concierge/Director of Guest Relations
Tasks for “Guest Service Agent”
- Provide food and beverage services to guests.
- Pick up and deliver items or run errands for guests.
- Plan special events, parties, or meetings, which may include booking musicians or celebrities.
- Make reservations for patrons, such as for dinner, spa treatments, or golf tee times, and obtain tickets to special events.
- Clean and tidy hotel lounge.
- Arrange childcare services for guests.
- Arrange for the replacement of items lost by travelers.
- Provide directions to guests.
- Carry out unusual requests, such as searching for hard-to-find items or arranging for exotic services, such as hot-air balloon rides.
- Perform office duties on a temporary basis when needed.
- Arrange for interpreters or translators when patrons require such services.
- Receive, store, or deliver luggage or mail.
- Make travel arrangements for sightseeing or other tours.
- Provide information about local features, such as shopping, dining, nightlife, or recreational destinations.
- Provide business services for guests, such as sending or receiving faxes or shipping packages.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer laser printers
- Smart phones
- Copy machines
- Tablet computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Multiline telephone systems
- Desktop computers
- Mobile radios
- Laptop computers
- Delphi Technology
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Work scheduling software
- Billing software
- Microsoft Excel
- Budgeting software
- Mapping software
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Outlook